Monday, August 27, 2012

Mixology Monday: Mellow Melon Margaritas

After cleaning the house like a mad woman this weekend, I rewarded myself with some downtime, a good book, and a nice stiff drink. It's been awfully hot in Seattle lately so I was looking for something light and refreshing to quench my thirst. Lots of cocktails fit the bill, but I finally settled on a watermelon margarita.

Holy smokes! My margaritas will never again taste the same. The obvious perk for me with this drink was the watermelon, but combined with agave nectar and a little lime, this drink is to die for. It's a delicious little slice of summer.

If you like watermelon, take some time out and enjoy this one before the fall rolls around. You won't be disappointed.

A professional photo courtesy of the HGTV blog. 
...and my finished product. Close enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment