Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Lunch Boxes Galore!

It's hard to believe that Labor Day weekend is just around the corner.  Where did the summer go?  Weren't we just celebrating the 4th of July yesterday?  I love the fall (it's my favorite season) so I'm hardly disappointed, but I'm not quite ready to give up my sunshine.  Boo, hiss!

I'm just gonna have to suck it up and deal with it and find a way to have fun even without the sun.  First things first:  I'm considering investing in a cool lunch box to boost my spirits on dreary, rainy lunch days.  I keep seeing lunch boxes in window displays all over town, which makes sense since the school year is about to begin for all the teeny tots and college kiddos out there.

First thought:  that's so Seattle.  This city wears it's eco-compliance like a badge of honor.  It's everywhere.  Second thought:  what a neat way to tote around what might otherwise be a boring lunch assortment.

Think about it:  "A turkey and cheese sandwich again?" [sad face] turns into "Hooray! I'm eating the same old sandwich for lunch again, but now it's fun because I'm carrying it around in this cool metal container! Plus, I'm saving the planet!" [smug happy face]


So here's what I'm considering purchasing.  There are so many cool lunch boxes out there.  This is going to be difficult!

Perfect for toting around smores supplies!

For the Dr. Who fan who has everything.

This just makes me feel like a kid again.  :)

So girly, but with a hipster vintage vibe.

I've always loved her outfit.  Girl Power!

1 comment: