Certainly my 30th birthday was something special, but we didn't feel like spending quite that much. In total, we spent $70 and now we have the supplies to set-up the booth again at future parties. So how did we do it?
- We bought a $50 Japanese-style, folding room divider from Amazon.com
- Then we picked up some blue bulletin board paper from Blick Crafts
- Party City had $0.50 balloons and the Safeway down the street blew them up for us for $0.50 each
- Lastly, we raided our old Halloween costume stash and asked some friends to bring some of their old costume accessories as well
- We put our digital camera on a tripod and turned on the timer. We set the timer to snap 3 successive photos with an initial 10 second delay (to give people time to prep)
- We taped the blue bulletin board paper on the wall behind two chairs to serve as a colorful backdrop
- Then we put a box of all the Halloween costume accessories next to the camera so people could choose which items they wanted to wear as the entered the photo area