Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Easy Egg Casserole

Right after I had the boys, someone signed me up for Parents Magazine. I never thought I would enjoy reading it, but it actually has some great material. Case in point: this delicious egg casserole recipe. It has bread, eggs, veggies and cheese and it took me all of 10 minutes to prepare before popping it into the oven.

I made this dish when we hosted company over the weekend and everyone went back for second helpings so I know it's good. I love easy cooking!

The prep work

The end result. Yummy!

Cheesy Egg Casserole:

  • 8 large eggs
  • 2 1/2 cups of low-fat milk
  • 1/2 tsp. salt 
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper
  • 12 oz. whole wheat bread, cut into 1" cubes
  • 4 oz. Canadian bacon
  • 1 cup of grape tomatoes, halved
  • 2 cups broccolini
  • 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Place half of the bread cubes on the bottom of a 9x11 Pyrex dish. Layer with bacon, tomatoes, broccolini, and cheese. Repeat layering with remaining ingredients. Let stand for 10 minutes (or overnight if you'd prefer to cook the following day).

Bake uncovered for 50 minutes. Serves 8-10 people.

No comments:

Post a Comment