Dark Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Tart
- 1/3 cup of dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup of light corn syrup
- 2 tbsp of flour
- 2 large eggs, 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tbsp good quality bourbon
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups of pecan halves
- 1/3 cup of dark chocolate chips
- Pillsbury pre-made pie dough crust
- Whipped cream for garnish
Roll out the pie crust and line a 10 inch, greased tart pan with it. Arrange pecans over the crust. Chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. While the dough is chilling, preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
In a bowl, whisk together the sugars, corn syrup, flour, salt, whole eggs, egg yolk, bourbon, vanilla, dark chocolate and melted butter. Once mixed, pour over pecans and pie crust. Place in oven and bake for 40 minutes, or until mixture is puffed, brown and bubbling. Serve with heaping dollops of whipped cream.
This dessert goes down well with a small glass of bourbon after dinner, but it's versatile and could also be served as a brunch accompaniment or an afternoon snack with coffee. There's three great reasons to eat more pie!
|I laid the pecans carefully on top of the crust in a circular pattern.|
|Fresh out of the oven. Not bad! The whole house smelled wonderful.|
|My first sampling of the finished product... followed by a second, and maybe third sampling? Baking is dangerous!|