Thursday, December 1, 2011

Holiday Hurricane Vases

Though space is limited for additional holiday decorations in our house, I just may find room for a few holiday hurricane vases. They are not all that expensive and can be decorated to fit any holiday or special occasion.  I've found several inspirations online, but I'm not sure which one I'll go with.  I think they would look great up on a dresser or even as a centerpiece if we host any holiday dinners this year.

Red beads or sand plus a white candle and a simple star = brilliant (and cheap!)

Glass ornaments in hurricanes feel very Pottery Barn to me. I love it!

I love the use of cranberries and other winter berries for this one. I would
leave this up past the holidays, as it isn't Christmasy so much as it is wintery. 

Take any chestnuts you don't roast over an open fire and put 'em in a
hurricane vase like this! 

A hurricane vase filled with pine cones makes me think of a winter cabin.
I like the addition of gold ornaments for added shimmer. 

Peppermint candy makes a fun filler! It smells good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment