Monday, February 6, 2012

Mixology Monday: Creme de Violette Martini

Hopefully you've all had a lovely weekend. I know I did!  I tried a fantastic new restaurant here on Saturday night called Re:public. While the food was to die for (try the crispy pork belly with ginger-glazed carrots), the drinks left the biggest impression on me, especially the Creme de Violette Martini.  Wow.  Just, wow.

If you've never had Creme de Violette liqueur, it's essentially brandy flavored with violet flowers. It's very sweet with a subtle, floral aroma.  It's also a deep, dark purple color, which sort of makes you feel like you're drinking something that should actually taste awful.  

I would definitely try this cocktail again, though it looks like there are many other interesting Creme de Violette combinations out there. I wonder if any other joints here in Seattle serve them?  

Looks like I've got some exploring to do!

My Creme de Violette Martini backlit by candles. 
A snapshot of Re:public's eclectic drink menu. The
Creme de Violette cocktail is there in the middle. 

P.S. Stay tuned for some cool DIY projects this week that don't have anything to do with cocktails, I promise! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment