Monday, November 8, 2010

A Slice of Thanksgiving



















Thanksgiving is just around the corner, which of course is a time for both historical celebration and religious observation.

If you're anything like me, it's also a time to toss aside ridiculous diet regimens and pull the old elastic-waisted "fat pants" out of the closet in anticipation of joyous feasting.  It's all but guaranteed that the traditional fare of mashed potatoes, candied yams and turkey will be passed around our table once or twice...but therein lies the problem.

Why do I have to spend countless minutes passing tasty, hot, glorious dishes around the table whilst my own plate of food slowly cools?  This is valuable time that could be spent eating!  I've often wondered why somebody hasn't invented something that makes it easier to serve up all the holiday greats without all of this hassle.

So you can imagine my delight when I stumbled upon this little beauty of a recipe the other day.  In one fell scoop, you can enjoy all that Thanksgiving has to offer without said hassle.

Genius idea?  You bet!

1 comment:

  1. Call me over if you made one! Pierre will for sure be horrified and I will giggle in anticipation. (This reminds of that Friends' episode, where Rachel accidently made a dessert that was half English Trifle and half Shepherd's Pie!)

    ReplyDelete