Monday, October 3, 2011

Slow Cooker Beef Stew

Oktoberfest in Leavenworth was fantastic and the weather was perfect. We had a great time walking around the town, drinking tasty German beers, window shopping and laughing with a few of our favorite people. (see snapshots below)

While I'm sad the weekend is over, I'm excited for all the rain we're expecting in the coming days.  This means we'll be staying inside and anytime I'm forced to spend extra time inside, I usually end up baking or cooking something new.  This week, I've decided to try some new slow cooker recipes. Behold, the efforts of my first new recipe:

Homemade slow cooker beef stew!

Here's the recipe:

  • 1 lb. of beef cubes
  • 11/2 cups of beef broth
  • 1 1/2 cups of chopped fresh cabbage
  • 1 1/2 cups of stewed tomatoes, undrained
  • 1 1/2 cups canned corn, drained
  • 1 1/2 cups of chopped fresh green beans
  • 1 1/2 cups of sliced fresh carrots
  • 3/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper
Throw everything in a slow cooker. Set it on high for 4 hours and enjoy!

Mike, me, Wendy, Brian, Brandon and Andrea. 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment