Thursday, January 5, 2012

Pumpkin Coffee Cake with Brown Sugar Pecan Streusel

Over the holidays, I was given a cookbook called Home Baked Comfort, by Kim Laidlaw.  If you love baked goods and you don't already have this one, I highly recommend you run out and get it. It has the most wonderful recipes for unique desserts like whoopie pies with salted dulce de leche, plum upside down cake and apricot pistachio tarts.  I'm drooling already.

Last night I took a stab at pumpkin coffee cake with brown sugar pecan streusel. The full recipe can be found here.

Freshly glazed and still warm from the oven
The results of my taste testing.  "I'll just have a small bite" turned into
"I'll have a big slice."  Easy to do with this recipe!  
Here's the cookbook - go out and get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment