Monday, December 31, 2012

A Desire to Inspire's Top 12 Posts for 2012

With the new year approaching, it's time to count down all the amazing things that happened at A Desire to Inspire in 2012. As I've looked back on a year of posting, I've been filled with such an immense appreciation for all the blessings in my life. It's been quite a ride and I look forward to seeing what's in store for next year.

Without further delay, I present to you this year's top posts/happenings/accomplishments:

JANUARY:
We rode snowmobiles for the first time - and at night!


FEBRUARY:
We helped my parents take apart their cabin to ready it for a remodel. I'd never used a sledgehammer before. Demolition work is fun!


MARCH:
We bought a house!


APRIL:
Our appreciation for cheese grew by leaps and bounds after we learned how to make the stuff from scratch. Delicious, but a lot of work!


MAY:
I traveled to the MIT campus in Cambridge to put on an event for Cheezburger centered around memes and Internet culture. I even got to meet some of the people behind popular memes, like Scumbag Steve  (pictured) and Chuck Testa.


JUNE:
It was a month of fun. We discovered Ballard, I made a heavenly chocolate bourbon pecan pie, and we celebrated Mike's 39th birthday. Yippy!

Photobucket

JULY:
My company, Big City Blooms, did another fabulous wedding!


AUGUST:
With the Olympics in full swing, we felt inspired to be more active. While Mike picked up rowing lessons, I tackled the jogging trails at Green Lake. By month's end, I hit 5 miles with every run.


SEPTEMBER:
My in-laws visited and we took a relaxing trip to my family's cabin in Leavenworth, Washington.


OCTOBER:
We were lucky enough to watch Glen Hansard (of Once, The Frames) jam on the streets of Seattle after his concert.


NOVEMBER:
I was published in Ruche's annual holiday cookbook.


DECEMBER:
I think I've saved the best for last with this month. I've thought very carefully about whether or not to go public with this little secret I've been keeping, but after recent conversations with friends and family, I feel I must.

After years of preparations, multiple visits to the doctor, medical ups and downs as a result, and lengthy discussions about our options, I'm excited to announce that this month Mike and I have started the initial phase of IVF treatment (in-vitro fertility treatment).  Who knows where the journey will take us, but we'd sure love to be parents. Needless to say, we're thinking lots of happy thoughts as we enter the new year and wishing for the best.

Here's to all the blessings that 2013 has to offer everyone!


2 comments:

  1. I didn't discover this blog until the summer, so I've got lots to catch up on. Good luck and best wishes - I'm sure the internet will keep its "fingers" crossed for you and Mike :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blog! Thanks for your kind wishes too. As I've just discovered your blog, it looks like I have some catching up to do as well. I don't think I know anyone brave enough to do what you've done (and will probably continue to do). You're making boating look so easy! Cheers and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete