Monday, March 28, 2011

Paper Wreath Completed!

Last week I referred to Ruffles & Ric Rac and Aly's amazing paper wreath project.  I loved her post so much that I promised myself I'd get around to making a similar paper wreath for our house.

I'm seriously a nut job when it comes to decorating for the holidays, but for whatever reason, I don't have many spring or Easter decorations.  So I took a trip down to the craft store, picked up a few sheets of pastel paper, a bottle of glue and some white ribbon and a few hours later... ta da!  The finished product:

A peek into the "careful organization" that accompanies many of my art projects.

Paper rosettes are harder to make than I thought.
I have much more respect for the art of origami now.

Final touch: white ribbon.  It does seem to give it a little extra "oomph."


3 comments:

  1. It turned out ADORABLE! I can tell you took the time to make each one of those just perfect! Thanks for linking back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so welcome! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete